Monday, November 1, 2010

Debra Cronin Designs- Vogue Living July/August 2010

Vogue Living ran a spread on Debra Cronin in its July/August 2010 issue.  She has restored an old terrace in Wollahra so that it is 'Alice In Wonderland meets The Addam's Family'.... Its pretty unsual I think in that all the walls in a number of rooms have been stripped back, rather than leaving one as a feature and painting the others.  It should be noted however, while it looks like it is the lower rooms that have been done like this, the upstairs bedrooms are white and have a more contemporary feel. I especially love how the chandelier does NOT sparkle in pictures of this room, although it might be a different story at night.  I loooooove the mirrored medicine cabinets in the bathroom, I've never seen anything like it before, however the room itself does look a bit gloomy.... I guess I like the look of these rooms, but it might be a bit much living in them all the time!!



The wine rack is AMAZING. I love the colour...  Debra uses her house as an underground dining experience as well, called 'Bite Club', which, along with pocket bars that are popping up all over the city, seems to be the trendy dining/wining thing to do in Sydney over the last couple of years....But Bite club actually has the chef to back it up, as he also works at Pier at Rose Bay...

No comments:

Post a Comment