Friday, September 3, 2010

Picture Frames

 I went antiquing/op-shopping with my lovely friend Ebz on saturday, and we ended up in the back streets of Islington (amazingly she knew where to go haha- kidding ebz) in these awesome second hand furniture shops.

Anyway, my lover and I are pimping out "our" apartment and I decided to get a whole heap of frames, because I think when bunched together, mismatched but in the same colour they would look awesome.... Ebz and I found so many beautiful frames, that happened to be framing some rather unfortunate pictures/craft that will be binned as soon as I get around to it!  Ebz got to buy the most beautiful golden frame because she's a proper artist, unlike me who clicks my camera and hopes for the best!!!
(Check out her website http://www.birdwoodillustrations.com.au/
My favourite painting isn't on her site, but it is beautiful in its utter moroseness, and reminded me of Mordor...and then I found out it was based on the actual NZ mountain they filmed it at, so how good am I!? )

Anyway we had the yummiest breakfast at this place, Coliseum Antiques, http://www.coliseumantiques.com.au/Home.aspx   and generally had a really really fun morning.... the shop we had breakfast in (best poached eggs mmm) had this antique carved table for $12,900.00 sooooooo beautiful but so freaking expensive!!!









Photos borrowed indefinately (ok its larceny I admit it) from various house-lovely blogs, which are listed on the side.  I mean, if you're going to put something on the net, expect it to get borrwed right? The last one is from Design * Sponge 
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/08/sneak-peek-jo-of-these-are-things.html

No comments:

Post a Comment